Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Issue with Pppoe and Vlan 10

So basically, I have an Internet connection with PPPoE, it currently works on a regular modem with the PPPoE settings installed. This modem is just a temp device as it is not a DSL connection, it is fibre straight into a box already in bridge. The temp device works, no issue, set it to Vlan 10, put in the Pppoe settings, plug into it and away we go. I plug the same connection into my firewall, X1 is unassigned and the subinterface is set to vlan 10. Hit connect and it fails to get the static Ip from the ISP. Could there be a config setting, that is preventing X1-V10 from pulling down the ip address from the ISP. If I use the temp device and set the firewall to DHCP, it works, no issue, but I cannot setup a site to site VPN with this extra device doing the PPPoE instead of the firewall.
TZ560 device
Category: Entry Level Firewalls
Tagged:

Answers

• Michael_BischofMichael_Bischof SonicWall Employee

Your firewall is probably a TZ570, and yes, you can do a site to site VPN with an IP from DHCP on the Firewall WAN interface (Aggressive Mode).

But maybe you should make sure that your firewall is on the latest firmware first, and then also make sure that you try VLAN7 or no VLAN at all for your PPPoE.

If all fail, then contact customer support for assistance, they will help you out if this is some firewall problem.

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

@IrishDadBod

Try to adjust the X1 interface duplex settings. Most probably your modem only support 100Mbps duplex.

As well as adjust the X1 interface MTU value as per your ISP.

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@IrishDadBod did you fired up a Packet-Monitor for PPPOE-SES and PPPOE-DIS to see what is going on on X1:V10? Maybe your PADI did not get a corresponding PADO, etc. You can debug from here.

I'am having a hard time myself with PPPoE on Gen7, but this scenario should work fine.

Screenshot is incorrect, it has to be PPPOE-SES, PPPOE-DIS and of course X1:V10 as interface name.

--Michael@BWC