Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

The official end of the line for Gen 6.5 devices

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Take a look at the very recently updated https://www.sonicwall.com/support/product-lifecycle-tables/

Mid-April 2026 is the official end of the line for Gen 6.5 devices.

I've already devoted time this afternoon to downloading my tenant information from MySonicWall and adding the appropriate dates to build a spreadsheet of products and subscription end dates to craft my clients' extension and and replacement strategy.

At best, I'd advise you to put some of these dates on your planning calendar, and included the topic of Gen 7 replacements during your client quarterly business reviews.

"Hi ho" as those seven dwarfs were fond of singing.

Category: Technology and Support

Comments

• SonicAdmin80SonicAdmin80 Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Let's see if they get a stable version of SonicOS 7 out by 2026. Even if they do there's still the new UI design. I'm still avoiding Gen 7 but Gen 6 service prices were already raised and next month you can't even order new Gen 6 devices anymore.

Time to start thinking about strategies. Either hope that investing in Gen 7 pays off in the end or give competitors a look.

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Cue 'Taps' on the bugle...

Gen 6, you were such a solid product, VxWorks was rock solid as your base OS, your feature set was robust, and you were trustworthy.

Though I will still see you from time to time, goodbye old friend.