Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

SMA500v password expire notice in classic mode view not in contemporary mode

ThKThK Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

today I notice on several customer SMA the on firmware 10.2.1.4-31sv also on 10.2.1.3-27sv

i wonder that the config is set to "never expire"

also on virtual office with no admin user :

checked the contemporary Mode :

no advice is shown to change the password !

I look forward to have access also next week 🤔

--Thomas

Category: Secure Mobile Access Appliances

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@ThK this is somewhat strange, did you checked the settings on the LocalDomain Domain (because it's the admin), is there a password expiration value set? This is also the place where the Allow password changes permission is located.

--Michael@BWC

Answers

• ThKThK Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@BWC okay thank you!,

must have been the beginning of the escape to the home office - is that a standard value 730 days ?

and why isn't it displayed in a meaningful way

--Thomas

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

@ThK I checked on two SMAs and I believe 730 isn't a default value.

UPDATE: I checked a newer installation and the default value was indeed 730 days. So I might have changed it on the other systems, or older systems which gut updated having a different default value.

SMA is always a fountain of fun and you have to peek around to find all the coins.

--Michael@BWC

• ThKThK Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@BWC I'm just hopping the customer SMA and so far all have been set to 730 days, well, it doesn't matter.

i´m glad to have logged on to the classic view. so the riddle could be solved

Yes, another piece of the puzzle - wait for the next firmware , there is more to come ;-)

--Thomas