Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Upgrading a SOHO to a TZ270W

We are currently in the process of upgrading a SOHO to a TZ270W. It was made clear in the compatibility chart that the settings and firmware could be migrated between these 2 appliances. So using the migration tool in MySonicwall I'm able to use my exported settings from the SOHO Firmware 5.9.2.13-7 and have migrated using the tool to the latest settings 7.0.0 and tried 7. 5XX. After hitting the final finish button I get a green box that says your settings are ready to upload. My problem is I cannot find where to download the file in MySonicwall for upload into the new TZ270W? Been Waiting for support to get back to me for 3-days now so I thought I would try here to see if anyone can point in the right direction.

Thanks again for any help that can be offered.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

OK, @Maui - first things first. In MySonicWall, go to the Download center, and get the latest firmware for your SOHO. This is 6.5.4.9-93n.

Second, update your SOHO to that firmware level BEFORE you export the file for the migration tool.

Third, don't use the Migration Tool within MySonicWall. Go to https://migratetool.global.sonicwall.com/ and run that to get the TZ270W exp file.

Fourth, that migration file does not reside in MySonicWall - it is something you download at the end of the migration process.

You will then upload it once you have access to the TZ270W.

Hope that helps clarify things.

• MauiMaui Newbie ✭

Thank you for getting back to me on this issue. As it turned out I was going by the instructions included with the new TZ270W on where to use the migration tool. For some reason I was able to see a download finally using Chrome browser vs Firefox. Sounds like a bug to me. Anyway, in mysonicwall there is no firmware update to version 6.5.4.9-93n for our current SOHO. Our latest down load firmware which is current and running in our SOHO is 5.9.2.13-7. What I don't understand is why there upgrade charts show that the 5 version firmware will upgrade through to 7 as long as you are not trying to go backwards.

I don't know where to download this 6X version firmware in mysonicwall Confused...

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Sorry, my bad - I didn't read closely.

5.9.2-13 was the final release for Gen 5 devices.

There is no "6" firmware level for your device.