Unable to connect to subdomain webserver with TZ300
HaRD Newbie ✭
recently I've bought myself for steal-deal used TZ300 series firewall for my homelab. However, ever since installing this new firewall unit into my network, I do have two issues and after setting port-forwarding for my web-server VM, I am unable to reach subdomain on that server.
- On previous setup, with ASUS RT-AC1200G+, port-forwarding works flawlessly and I am able to reach main website on www.mydomain.cz and subdomain service site on www.service.mydomain.cz ; with TZ300 I am able to reach only the main domain website, even though both sites lies on the same server. Any ideas on what might be the issue? Internal server IP: 192.168.1.100, port-forwarded ports: 80, 443.
- TZ300's DHCP server is working even on WAN port, which is something I really do not want. Any easy way to restrict DHCP service for LAN ports only? I may also just use the DHCP service on my 1200G+, or install DHCP server on one of the Windows server VMs, but thermal pump web interface is kinda not working on this one, so just curious if this is something that can be resolved easily.
And also, got third question (not issue with this one, just curious); what is port labeled as "Console" being used for?
Thank you in advance for any kind of advice.
Category: Entry Level Firewalls
Hey! You will be signed out in 60 seconds due to inactivity. Click here to continue using the site.
1) If you can access to main domain and subdomain uses same ports there is no problem on the sonicwall. check IIS logs
2) there is no DHCP Server service on WAN interface. you missed something. WAN interfaces have DHCP client services.
for SonicOS6 Contemporary GUI /Manage/Network/DHCP Server and disable or delete other dhcp applied interfaces.
for SonicOS6 Clasic GUI / Network/DHCP Server
3) this question I didn't understand. where is the console lable? can you show menu details with screenshot
Hi @MitatOnge !
if you want to local test for subdomain.
create hosts file on the pc and assign subdomainname and ip
Did you Check dhcp server details on machine interface detail? if you use windows it shows under network sharing center /interface details. DHCP server ip adresses.
Check DHCP server page under the page it shows leased ip address, mac address, and vendor details. is there any devices behind WAN X1 interface.
with wireshark install a pc and plug lan network and filter DHCP packet listen all packet and save capture file. after try same process on wan network.