Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

SonicWAVE lease not shown under Network-DHCP, is it static?

Hi, As the subject said, SonicWAVE lease not shown under Network-DHCP, is it static?

I just have one SonicWAVE AP online during testing and I know it got an IP address via DHCP, and I wanted to make a reservation so it always had the same IP (considering monitoring it using Zabbix). Did it automatically reserve it? Anywhere I can see this besides under AP Settings?

Cheers!

Category: SonicWave

Best Answers

• CORRECT ANSWER
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@LitBobOn they are somewhat static (IMHO) but not managed via the common DHCP-Server. On every interface which is assigned to a Wireless Zone you have the option to reserve a SonicPoint/SonicWave Limit (Pool) from where the APs get their IP assigned. It's usually a pool at the end of a subnet.

You might check into this KB article which is another way of assigning IPs to APs

I'am not 100% certain, but if you check on Manage -> Connectivity -> Access Points -> Base Settings, the assigned IPs should not change if assigned.

--Michael@BWC

• CORRECT ANSWER
    LitBobOnLitBobOn Newbie ✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @BWC Thank you for the response! I kinda figured but wasn't sure. And yes the addresses have not changed.

Your link was on point, but the documentation not so much as it does not go into detail as for what we shoudl put in the field named "Manually". I'm wondering if they want me to put a range, subnet, or what they want,

• CORRECT ANSWER
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@LitBobOn the "manual" adress is the beginning of the reserved range for APs which goes from "Manually" up to "Manually" + SonicPoint Limit, e.g. 192.168.1.2 as start address and 8 SonicPoints reserves the range from 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.9.

--Michael@BWC