Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

SAM 10.2.1.3-27 brakes the Netextender Connection from a SW224

ThKThK Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Have had nothing to do this week nor the Log4j nor the microsoft mess, so i keep an eye on the issue that a customer with all his homeoffice users was not able to work remotely.

All our SMAs have been dutifully patched to 10.2.1.3-27 soon as it appeared. Maybe that because on the SW224 a Version 8.6x of linux netextender is included all the six SW224 boxes could not establish a sslvpn connection. Maybe it was in relation to the new WireGuard feature for SMA 10.2.1.3 what is a Tech Preview build.

I rolled the SMA back to 10.2.1.1-19 and all SMA sslVPN connected automatically to the SMA.

Upgraded again to 10.2.1.3.-27 and now i unmarked "wireguard option" in Services | Settings | VPN TUNNEL TYPE SETTINGS

https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/netextender-users-fail-to-get-connected-throwing-an-error-failed-to-get-vpn-protocol-on-firmware-10-2-1-2-or-above-due-to-misconfigured-protocol/211210222317817/

Now my SW224 connections were working again.

Did anyone else noticed this issue?

When will there be a wireguard client intregrated in the SW224?

--Thomas

Category: VPN Client

Answers

• ThKThK Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

🤔did not last for long. checked the connections in wcm and the VPN icon is red again for 2 online boxes. on the ssl no license is in use for these. I decided to go back for now to 10.2.1.1-19 from backup. To prevent telephone terror on monday.

After reboot of the sma the 2 online boxes appear immediately in the SMA and consume 2 licenses as expected.

???

--Thomas