Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

publish a webserver

mrshahinmrshahin Newbie ✭
edited November 2021 in Mid Range Firewalls

Hi,

I have a webserver that is behind a nsa 3650 and sometimes ago we did publish a website on this webserver with Wizard setup.

Now I have second website on the same web-server and this new website should be only accessible from certain IP address. Can I use the same public IP that we use for the first website? or because we want this website be accessible only from certain IP's we should use a different public IP?

Thanks

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Answers

• Hello @mrshahin,

If the domain name is published to the same public IP as done for the first website, no more rules need to be added to the firewall as port forwarding is already done for web services to the webserver.

Unfortunately, we cannot restrict the second website to certain IP addresses as the source/destination IP and service (HTTP, HTTPS) are identical for both the first and second websites. If you publish this on a separate public IP, we can set the source IP addresses on the access rule to provide restrictions.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services