Get to Know Ranks and Badges
After joining the SonicWall Community, you've likely taken time to browse around and eventually stumbled upon ranks.
What is a Rank?
Ranks reflect a user status within the community. New community members start as Newbies. As you engage with members through posts, replies, and accepted answers, you will rank up to Enthusiast, Cyber Security Overlord, All-Knowing Sage, and Community Legend.
- Newbie - Newbie is the first rank any new community user is assigned. Seize opportunities to ask questions, answer questions, and mark replies as accepted answers to increase your rank.
- Enthusiast - Follow discussions by setting up category notifications aligned with your interests and product knowledge. You’ll leverage the powerful insights of other SonicWall users to get your questions answered and contribute to discussions as well.
- Cyber Security Overlord - At this rank, you will be a community stand-out. Others will recognize you as a Cyber Security expert, and you’ll earn the prestige of being a Cyber Security Overlord.
- All-Knowing Sage - At this rank, other community members are used to seeing your username and avatar all over discussion forums and leaderboards. Continue on this path to become a community legend!
- Community Legend - Your cyber security knowledge knows no bounds. At this rank, you are a community legend, SonicWall product expert, and Cybersecurity guru.
How can I rank up?
Now that you know SonicWall Community ranks, the next question would be, how you can progress through these ranks.
In general, as your participation within the community increases, so does your rank. Go from a Newbie to a seasoned Community Legend by joining discussions and showcasing your cybersecurity expertise.
An example could be:
- posting and helping in discussions,
- discussing the latest cybersecurity trends,
- giving and receiving likes on helpful posts,
- being a nice person,
- Marking an answer as an accepted answer,
- Marking a discussion as resolved.
Keep in mind that Staff ranks (SonicWall Employee, Moderator, Administrator) are not achievable by ranking up as a member.
In addition to ranks, the SonicWall Community awards a variety of badges. You might have received a notification from the community saying you’ve earned a new badge, along with a simple one-liner on how you scored it.
- Early Adopter - The early bird catches the worm! You are one of the first members to join the SonicWall Community.
- Name Dropper - Mentioning someone in a discussion (like this: @Name) is a great way to encourage dialog and let them know who you’re talking to.
- Photogenic - Little things like uploading a profile picture make the community a better place. Thanks!
- 1 Year Anniversary - Thanks for sticking with us for a full year. A new badge will be received for each year you stick with us!
- First Answer - Answering questions is a great way to show your support for a community! The more questions you answer, the more Answer badges you'll receive.
- Work Out Loud - Sharing is caring
- First Comment - Commenting is the best way to get involved. Jump in the fray! The more comments you make, the more Comment badges you'll earn!
- 5 Helpfuls - You received 5 Helpfuls. We like that. Get 20 more and you'll receive the next Helpful badge.
- 5 Likes - You received 5 Likes. Keep up the great work to receive more Like badges.
If you have any questions, let me know in the comments below. See you around the community!
SonicWall Community Manager