Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

maximum S2S Policies - Datasheet vs. Real-Life - what is it?

BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi,

while planning some new deployments I was looking into the max number of Site-2-Site Tunnels the Gen7 can run and experienced a discrepancy between the values mentioned in the Datasheet vs. the numbers I can gather from a running appliance.

That is what I saw from the limited range of Appliances I have in the field right now.

Model   Firmware        Datasheet       Real
270     R5023           50              200
570     R5018           200             250
670     R5030           250             250

So what is to expect? Should I go with the Datasheet values or is the TZ 270 for example powerful enough for running 4 times the Datahsheet value?

--Michael@BWC

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• TKWITSTKWITS All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Where are you getting your 'real' numbers from? Actual tunnels built, or what the GUI reports?

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

The values I mentioned labeled as "real" are from the Statistics Pop-Up on the VPN Policies page.

Maybe it's similar glitch like the incorrect amount of DPI-SSL Connections in earlier firmware releases.

But that's all speculation, I don't know why noone from SNWL chimes in.

--Michael@BWC

• NatNat Newbie

Even in TSR, it still give similar value for MAX SA on TZ270. So maybe the backend design is 200 but for budget and model, they "officially" support 50. We all know, documentation is the weakness of SonicWALL.

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@NAT sadly, you're right. It would be an easy thing to answer for SNWL, but the swarm isn't in the mood or just don't care.

--Michael@BWC