Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

TZ370W - importing configuration file

I have a TZ370W that burned up, and a replacement was sent. I brought the replacement unit on-line, registered the replacement unit on-line, and wanted to import the configuration file from my previous TZ370W. Every time I attempt to upload the configuration file, the replacement unit sends an error message. "There was a network error". After that, I can no longer make any subsequent upload attempts, and any other function will not work. The final error message states that an error occurred and the unit dos not know the reason.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Karl

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• prestonpreston Enthusiast ✭✭
    edited September 2021

@Karl , after you get the network error did you leave the appliance or just give up?

this is a common message when uploading configuration files, because when you upgrade I presume you are on a different network i.e. 192.168.168.X so when you import the config this changes hence the Network error as it is no longer responding on the 192.168.168.X IP and the GUI loses connection, normally I would set my network card up statically with IP addresses in both the default 192.168.168.X network and the configured subnet from the previous config what ever that might be and set up continuous pings to both X0 IP addresses, if you leave it for 5-10 mins after uploading the config you will find it starts responding to ping.

also make sure you are uploading a config file from previous firmware to the one that you have put on the new TZ370W

• crenegarcrenegar Newbie ✭
    edited August 2022

It would be nice if that was the answer but it's not. Simple setup, with laptop and TZ0270 on the same subnet, which is the same subnet as the config I'm importing and I still get this error. It pretty much bricks the thing, just keeps throwing "An error has occurred but the cause cannot be determined at tis time". Imported config created by the SonicWall Migration Tool from a TZ-SOHO and insured the firmware chosen in the Tool was the same as is on the 270. Wonder if this has something to do with the WAN not being active? I'd like to be able to do this at the shop to minimize downtime for the customer, just swap 'em out and everything works. Please fix this SonicWall otherwise the Migration Tool is worthless.