Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

TZ370 Poor WAN throughput and packet loss after time

MarcelKMarcelK Newbie ✭
edited September 13 in Entry Level Firewalls

Hi

A few weeks ago we replaced the FW in our branch office with a TZ370. Since then, we have been measuring considerable losses in WAN throughput and a noticeable number of packet losses.

However, this behavior only occurs after several hours of operation. A reboot of the Sonicwall solves the problem comprehensibly for another ~ 12 hours.

The MTU size on the WAN interface has been checked and corresponds to the standard value of 1500 bytes with the specifications of the ISP.

In addition, all points from the corresponding KB article were checked:

WAN throughput  after ~ 1 day of operation

WAN throughput right after SonicWall reboot

There is nothing in the system logs that indicates a problem. A reboot solves the problem reliably, even if only temporarily.

Firmware: SonicOS 7.0.1-5018

I ask for advice on how this problem can be solved. Thanks!

Regards

Marcel

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• TKWITSTKWITS All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Are you running any security services? If so try disabling them and see if it stablizes.

• MarcelKMarcelK Newbie ✭

Services like Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware IDS, Botnet-Filter, DPI-SSL, DPI-SSH, etc. are all disabled.

There is no excessive CPU load on the device. There are 2 active users on the LAN. The device should be in idle mode most of the time.

• TKWITSTKWITS All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

You are showing that those services are not enabled on a single zone, not on the firewall. Im guessing they are disabled globally too though.

Reset to factory defaults and re-create the config (don't import an old config).

Open a ticket with support.

• AjishlalAjishlal All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Hi @MarcelK

Try to downgrade your firewall Firmware and do the test.

I am using SonicOS 7.0.0-R906. I am not facing any such issues on this firmware.

• MarcelKMarcelK Newbie ✭

The security services are not even licensed on this device.

I received the device with firmware 7.0.0-R906 and then upgraded to 7.0.1-5018 due to these issues.

I will do a factory reset again. If this does not help, I will create a ticket with support.

Thanks for these tips.