Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Access rule needed for Site to Site VPN

Hi

I am working on Sonicwall with 7.0 version and observed that the access rules were not added automatically while creating the Site to Site VPN tunnel unlike older versions. is it necessary to create access rules manually to pass the traffic into VPN tunnel ?

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Tulasidhar

If you want to see the auto added rules, you must have to disable that highlighted feature. then only it will reflect the auto added rules in your ACL. If you enable that feature, auto added rules will disappear and you can create your own rules.

Answers

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Tulasidhar ,

You have to "Disable Auto-added VPN Management Rules" in diag page.

For navigating to the diag page for Sonic OS 7; https://[ip-address]/sonicui/7/m/mgmt/settings/diag Once you reach diag page follow the below screen shot;

Disable the highlighted function if it's enable.

• TulasidharTulasidhar Newbie ✭

Hi @Ajishlal

thanks for your reply. Now i understood that if we disable auto added VPN rule then we can create manual VPN rules but my follow up question is if i left with default option then the VPN rules will be created automatically right ? but how can we see those rules ?

• TulasidharTulasidhar Newbie ✭

Hi @Ajishlal

Thanks for the clarification