Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

macOS Mobile Connect App 5.0.8: User/Password are not being saved

mtbpmmtbpm Newbie ✭

macOS Big Sur 11.5.2

SonicWall Mobile Connect App 5.0.8 (5046)

The Username and Password for the VPN Connection are not being saved. I have to enter them manually each time i want to connect to the VPN.

Does anyone have the same problem or maybe a fix for that?

(Apart from that everything else works fine).

Category: VPN Client
Tagged:

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@mtbpm SMA = Secure Mobile Access, you did not mentioned if you're trying to connect to a Firewall or SMA Appliance.

The Administrator is controlling the ability of the client to store the profile with username or username/password no profile at all. This has to be done on the Firewall or SMA Appliance therefor.

--Michael@BWC

Answers

• EnaEna SonicWall Employee

Hi @mtbpm

Thanks for reaching out to the SonicWall Community. To help you further, could you let us know if you are the network admin or end-user? Any additional information you can provide will help us determine the best resolution.

• mtbpmmtbpm Newbie ✭
    edited August 2021

Hello @EnaBev

I am the end-user. Using Two Factor Auth. Here are the exact steps of my login:

1) Username + Password always empty, no option to save:

2) Even though "Passwords" is shown when entering password field, the previously entered Password/User is not offered from macOS Keychain:

3) Enter User/Password manually

4) Enter 2FA Password

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@mtbpm I checked on my system and the credentials are saved. Was using it on Catalina and upgraded to Big Sur last Friday.

I checked the Client Settings on the SMA and currently "Allow saving of user name only" is selected, which seems not right.

Maybe it's driven by the SMA and got broken in a newer firmware telling the Mobile Connect to save the profile.

--Michael@BWC

• mtbpmmtbpm Newbie ✭

@BWC Thanks for your reply. Can you please elaborate what "SMA" is and what next steps we need to take? Do i need to talk to my Admin for the "Client Settings"? I can not find any option "Allow saving of user name only" in my SonicWall MobileConnect App Preferences. So i assume my Admin needs to deactivate "Allow saving of user name only" somewhere?