Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Netextender not loading driver with Memory Integrity switched on

Hello, is there a way to obtain a Netextender version that has signed drivers?

I am seeing a problem on Microsoft Surfaces that have Memory Integrity switched on by default, cannot run the Netextender. If I switch off MI, the Netextender runs OK. Obviously I do not want to reduce the security on the laptop just to run the Netextender client.

Windows 10 Pro 21H1

Thanks!

Category: VPN Client
Tagged:

Answers

• EnaBevEnaBev Administrator

Hi @Simon

Is this something you could help with? 😃

Ena Bevrnja

SonicWall Community Manager

• ODA_AGODA_AG Newbie ✭

Same here.

• wiper2001wiper2001 Newbie ✭
    Support got back to me and said to use Mobile Connect instead. Problem with that is that first time logon password change is not available. Users logging in for the first time with password set to be changed get a bad password error with no option to change their password. This is not a good resolution to my issue. Over a week latter I am still waiting for support to respond.
  • ODA_AGODA_AG Newbie ✭

That's unfortunate. Seems like SonicWALL could offer a BETA version or something, since it is very likely to be an issue with Windows 11 as well.

• wiper2001wiper2001 Newbie ✭
    So it turns out there was a problem with my client. After reinstalling Mobile Connect, the password change kicked in. So the fix is to use Mobile connect on a Surface Pro.