Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Wireless and DNS registering

We have a remote site setup via site to site VPN. Wired and wireless clients in a domain environment. Sonicwave AP for wireless. TZ570 remote firewall and NSA5600 at main site. Windows DHCP, domain controller and DNS server behind main site firewall. Remote clients receive address via DHCP. Everything is working except wireless clients at the remote site are not registering with DNS. I see Ip lease for wireless clients on the server however I cannot ping them from the main site either. I can ping everything else at the remote site from the main site. I believe I have the necessary WLAN to LAN and vice versa. Wired clients are working fine. Any ideas what I may be missing?

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• djhurt1djhurt1 Newbie ✭

While I don't think the DNS issue is entirely related to the ping issue I did find using packet monitor and pinging from a pc at the main site I see that the ping is dropped.Packet dropped. "Guest service drop pkt" But I'm confused why as the ping is coming from the VPN and not guest.