Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Installing a Sonicwall NSv appliance on Azure in the UK

wiper2001wiper2001 Newbie ✭

Installing a Sonicwall NSv appliance on Azure in the UK as a site to site VPN to a services provider in North US. The service provider has a VPN concentrator that this will connect to. Clients will connect to my NSv in the UK with Net extender client.

What would the best practice be in Azure for the US end of the tunnel for optimum traffic to the NSv in the UK? Is there something I can connect in the North US region that connects to the WAN port on the NSv in the UK? Do I just setup a public IP address in the North US region and associate it with the NSv WAN Nic?

Category: SSL VPN

Answers

• Hi @WIPER2001,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

You can setup a public IP address on the Azure and associate it with the NSv for the SSLVPN clients to connect using Netextender.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• wiper2001wiper2001 Newbie ✭

OK, sorry, I need to explain differently.

If I have a NSv Site A on Azure in a UK region and the on premise VPN site B is in the North US. Do I need to create a public IP address in North US region on Azure and associate it with another interface on the UK South NSv?

Or do I just rely on Microsoft's network to make a fast link over their network if I leave the setup as default?

Thanks!