Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

New user account created in Primary/Active is not sync with Secondary/Standby in High Availability

Hi All,

I'm having trouble with my Sonicwall 6600 with High Availability setup. New user created in Primary/Active is not sync to Secondary/Standby device. Any advise is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Best regards,

George

Category: Network Security Manager

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    prestonpreston Enthusiast ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @George , did you try and add anything else like an Address object? it looks like it is not syncing correctly at all, like I said check the cables for the HA, if they appear to be correct and are showing in the HA Status as the link is up,

then I would remove the Secondary offline, remove all the cables from it,

connect to the MGMT interface, put the secondary in to safemode via a paperclip, then boot with the firmware with Factory defaults,

once the device is back up i.e. the ping to 192.168.1.254 is responding again then reconnect the HA cables only,

log in to the primary and go to HA/Status and wait for the Secondary to come back up, it will sync, then re-boot, once it shows as back online and the HA is synced then re-connect all the other cables, if you are connecting HA Interfaces via a switch I would recommend using a cable directly between Primary to the secondary HA Interfaces to rule out any issue with the switch.

Answers

• prestonpreston Enthusiast ✭✭

Hi @ George, what firmware are you using? is it a Local User ? if you make any other changes on the Primary are they synced to the Secondary?

• GeorgeGeorge Newbie ✭

Hi Preston,

Thank you very much for your response.

Yes, it is a local user and it is not sync when you create a local user from primary to secondary.

Firmware version: 6.5.4.8-89n

Best regards,

George

Hi George, if you make any other changes on the Primary does it sync them?

• GeorgeGeorge Newbie ✭

Hi Preston, no changes so far, only we noticed for local user account creation. Our last activity was firmware upgrade and it was successful.

Hi @George, you can test this by adding a Temporary Address Object to see if this has synced, if not it looks like nothing is syncing, if this is the case I would reboot the Secondary appliance after it reboots does it have the new user? , if still having issues check the cables for the HA Sync and HA Data (if Stateful) are they connected directly or via a switch?

• GeorgeGeorge Newbie ✭

Hi Preston, we tried creating a local user account and rebooted the secondary but still that newly created user is not showing on secondary. Also, I have noticed that the items under Local User and Groups have different value on Primary it is showing 68items and 46items for Secondary.

• GeorgeGeorge Newbie ✭

Hi @preston , I'll have this check and follow your recommendations. I really appreciate your time and effort in providing possible solutions to my issue. I'll let you know once we have update on both of the devices in relation to synchronization.

• GeorgeGeorge Newbie ✭

Hi @preston , the issue already fixed after few troubleshooting.

-login to primary using admin credentials which is different from before

-the issue was with the user who created the local user account seems to be not being able to sync with standby although it's an admin account, not sure why

-when we use different account to create the new local user, it is now showing in the secondary

-able to login as well using it

Thank you for your support.