Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Can't Access Webinterface on TZ270

Hi Guys,

after configuring a TZ270 GEN7, (only configuring IP on X0, and WAN X1), i can't access the webinterface anymore.

Browser (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox) says, connection refused.

I startet the Firewall in the safemode, changed the ip on the pc to 192.168.168.20. I can ping on the firewalls ip 192.168.168.168, but i cant access it with a browser.

Can you help me ? Is there a possibility to restore factory default without accessing the gui and safe mode ?

Is the only possibilty to connect via CLI ?

THX

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @BOBO511,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

I presume the issue started to happen all of a sudden after configuring the TZ 270 for the first time. You have already set the IP address on the PC to 192.168.168.x/24 with default gateway 192.168.168.168 with no luck. Using different browsers to access the TZ 270 also didnt help you. Do I sound right?

If yes, then it should be something to do with firmware I believe. I'm afraid to tell you that we need to go through the safemode factory reset process. Could you please try the below steps and let me know if it helps?

1. Download the latest firmware version from the MySonicWall account.
    2. Get the firewall to run on safemode via CLI. (After logging to the firewall using SSH putty access, type safemode command and firewall restarts)
    3. Point the IP address of your computer to 192.168.168.x/24 with default gateway 192.168.168.168.
    4. Ping the IP address 192.168.168.168 from the computer and when you start getting replying, point the browser to IP address 192.168.168.168.
    5. In safemode page, boot the firewall with factory defaults.
    6. Once you are in the firewall GUI and after configuring the TZ 270, please take a copy of settings backup.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services