Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Supported Platform not mentioned in Release Notes

Greetings. If my specific Azure Supported Platform isn't mentioned in the release notes for a new firmware update, am I safe to apply it? MySonicWall.com shows me an available update, but when I look at the release notes, my specific NSv model isn't listed under the supported platforms section. I want to ensure we're updated if necessary, but I don't want to cause any issues by uploading a version that isn't supported either. I'm probably just being overly cautious here, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

Category: Virtual Firewall
Tagged:

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    SaravananSaravanan Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @B_D,

You are right. NSv 10 is also capable to run this new firmware.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

Answers

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @B_D,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

As per post, I presume you are talking about the firmware release 6.5.4.4-44v-21-1288 for NSv. If I'm right, then Azure and AWS public cloud NSv builds may take up to two weeks before being available on the respective public cloud marketplace. Existing AWS and Azure Gen6 NSv users can make use of SWI file available on mysonicwall to perform firmware upgrade but we recommend to perform system update to make sure all critical fixes are obtained.

Hope this clarifies 🙂

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services

• B_DB_D Newbie ✭

Hi @Saravanan thanks for your feedback. Yes, I am talking about that firmware version. However, that doesn't quite answer my question. In the release notes, it only mentions these as the supported platforms:

We are running an NSv10 model. So, I assume I should still upgrade to this firmware even though it's not mentioned as a supported platform?

Thanks.

Brian

• B_DB_D Newbie ✭

Thanks @Saravanan for the clarification. We will indeed be upgrading soon then.

Brian

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @B_D,

Sure thing. It was pleasure chatting with you on this post. Please come back to us for any technical help. We are more than happy to assist.

Have a good one!!!

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services