Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

All Deployments reporting "Thumbprint database files are stale "

BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi,

today a couple of customers reported that the Monitoring of the Email Security reported "Thumbprint database files are stale" which is one the annoyances of SNWL Email Security.

This happens every now and then but today ALL Deployments are affected, running 10.0.2 up to 10.0.10.

Is there any trouble with the backend, is this already known? Will it fix itself, or do we have to rebuild the DB again?

Diag Page shows between 0 (zero) and 2 (two) TPD files pending, GeoIP (IG) only. Looking not that bad to me, IMHO.

--Michael@BWC

Category: Email Security Appliances

Answers

• fabybaruzfabybaruz Newbie ✭

I see this problem upgrading to 10.0.10.6287. Are you saying that it does not depend on the upgrade?

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @fabybaruz it looks that way, having two deployments still on 10.0.2 and they are freaking out as well today. Another EVAL VM from a support case which I forgot to poweroff running 10.0.6ish was complaining.

Do you see the same messages since this morning (around 3:40am GMT).

I already restarted the services, but did not changed anything, every hour the warning message comes up.

--Michael@BWC

I'm waitng for the support.

I've the same problem on two VA to the lastest firmware

Fabiano

• David WDavid W SonicWall Employee

It is a backed issue.

They have been informed and are looking into it.

You need to do nothing on your end.

David Wilbur

Technical Support Senior Advisor, Premier Services , SME Email Security

The support response

"We appear to have an issue right now where DV thumbprints are not being handed out and updated. There is no real impact on any customers other than they are getting this alert. You can safely ignore it for now."

mmmmm

Issue seems to be resolved since yesterday around 3pm GMT.

--Michael@BWC

@David W all of my deployments are warning about stale Thumbprints again, this is very confusing for my customers. I guess it's a Backend thing again?

--Michael@BWC

@BWC Yes, it is. You can supress the alerts under the System monitoring page if you wish.

I do not have any further information on it at this time and waiting for an update from the backend teams.

David Wilbur

@BWC This issue is resolved.

David Wilbur