Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

HA setup

Our units are currently in Active/Standby mode. I'm looking at the Active/Active DPI option. However on our NSA5600, the option is not there. Is this an additional license we need to purchase? We're not interested in any clustering. We just have the two units.

Secondly, we don't have X0 linked between units. I guess we need to do that according to the documentation? Can I just assign random Ips to X0 on each unit and link them?

Category: High End Firewalls

Best Answer

Answers

• djhurt1djhurt1 Newbie ✭
    edited May 2021

@Nat

Looking at the link you provided, I see the statement "Active/Active Clustering, Stateful High Availability, and Active/Active DPI licenses are included on registered firewalls. So, you do not need to purchase any additional licenses to use these High Availability features."

That statement is confusing to me and sounds like it's already included. We are using the NSA5600. If it's not included, I have no idea what license to purchase since we're not doing clustering.

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @djhurt1

A/A DPI license included only with supermassive series but if you have 5600 or 6600 you can enable it with additional license.