Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Send Flow data to On-premises Analytics from a specific interface

Hello,

¿Does anybody knows if there is any way to force traffic towards on-premises Analytics to be generated from a specific interface on the Firewall?. This is because I have the Analytics appliance deployed in the internal network, but it seems that the firewall always tries to send traffic only from WAN interface, even though I set a specific route to reach the analytics, firewall ignores it. Due to this, the firewall can not be added successfully to On-prem analytics.

WAN Interface:

Traffic is always generated from WAN, ignoring the static route:

Thank you so much in advance for your help:

Category: Firewall Management and Analytics

Answers

• @Yuber_Sierra,

Have you mentioned the On-Prem Analytics IP address under MANAGE | AppFlow Settings | GMS Flow server?

I tried this on my test firewall and can see the firewall generating traffic using X0 IP.

You can refer to this KB for more details.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• Hello @shiprasahu93 , I did mentioned the On-Prem Analytics IP address under MANAGE | AppFlow Settings | GMS Flow server.

I also have found that On-Prem Analytics is behind another sonicwall Firewall connected via tunnel interface VPN. I assigned the object 10.0.1.231 (On-prem analytics) to VPN Zone on branch firewall, but test fails, even setting the "source IP to use over VPN tunnel":

This is the scenario. VPN tunnel is up, but test to On-prem Analytics still fails:

Thank you.