Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

login with TOTP authentication issue

riowriow Newbie ✭
edited April 2021 in Entry Level Firewalls
In Group Tab of SonicOS 6.5, the Add buttons below the list of User Groups are underneath the bottom of the list. So I failed to create a user with TOTP login method. I have had tried some different browsers and platforms but the symptom is unchanged. Please advice. :/
Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• @riow,

You can add a local user and choose to use TOTP for two-factor authentication. The same is shown in the screenshot below.

If you don't mind, could you please share some screenshots to explain the issue you are facing?

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• riowriow Newbie ✭
    edited April 2021
    It's the issue of losing all the Add buttons for User Groups in Group Tab.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rw8xlrmw8xuvpe1/Screenshot_20210406-223751_Chrome.jpg?dl=0
  • @riow,

What firmware are you on? I am testing this on a 6.5.4.7-83n TZ 300W and do not see this problem. Also, I have seen this only on Chrome and not on all browsers.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• riowriow Newbie ✭
    edited April 2021
    Firmware is Enhanced 6.5.4.4-44n.

The condition appears the same on Android Chrome, Opera, Duckduckgo, and Win10 Edge, and Chrome.

BTW, may you please move this to Entry Level Firewall category?

It seems the forum could upload any image, doesn't it?
  • Hi @riow,

You should be able to simply copy and paste a screenshot into the forum. Have you tried doing that?

Kind Regards,

@micah - SonicWall's Self-Service Sr. Manager

• riowriow Newbie ✭
    edited April 2021
    Hi Micah, I'm frequently using Android smartphone to do things, rather boot up a big screen computer. Wish the forum supports working for images from mobile devices.

Other than my mentioned displaying issue of the Group tab, there are lots of displaying issues from other pages too.

How could I get the latest update of the firmware please? There's no update firmware button.
  • riowriow Newbie ✭
    How come the update firmware button is inexist which can't be updated?
  • ThKThK Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@riow are you running a licensed firewall, please check the connection to the license servers

sometimes not all the button and tabs could be seen. Try to change the zooming in the browserwindow. like 70% see what happens.

--Thomas