SonicWall Expands Portfolio: Delivers Enterprise-Grade Protection at Lower TCO
If there is one thing that we have learned in the last 12 months, it is how quickly we can adapt to new realities. For the cybersecurity industry, that meant doing a sharp turn into a business model where most, if not all, workers are remote. With the introduction of recent vaccines, however, we are seeing another changing environment where the pendulum is slowing shifting back towards a workforce with office presence.
SonicWall has always been a customer driven company and to accommodate our customers we are announcing another expansion of our product portfolio. The expansion of the Capture Cloud platform includes:
- SonicWall NSa 3700 — Our latest mid-range firewall, powered by SonicOS 7.0, expands threat protection with multi-gigabit security for retail, K-12 and secondary education, higher education, distributed enterprises and government agencies.
- SonicWall CSa 1.2 — Delivers advanced, closed-network threat protection for governments and compliance-conscious organizations using SonicWall Capture Security appliance (CSa) appliances. The SonicWall Capture Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) service with patented RTDMI™ can now be deployed without the need to connect to external resources, which is important for organizations operating air-gapped networks.
- SonicWall Network Security Manager (NSM) 2.2 — Our cloud-native security management service includes new enhancements to usability, security and flexibility. This includes powerful capabilities around policy configuration, certificate management, two-factor authentication and more.
- SonicWall Next-Gen Analytics 3.0 — The powerful analytics engine transforms threat data into defensive actions to mitigate hidden risks across networks, applications and users.
- SonicWall Wireless Network Manager (WNM) 3.5 — We’ve re-branded and re-imagined our existing wireless security management solution to unify visibility and management by including SonicWall switches and SonicWave wireless access points into a single solution. It’s now easier than ever to securely monitor and manage both access points and switches — all from a single interface.
- SonicWall Capture Client 3.6 — Our popular endpoint protection solution now includes support and compatibility for devices running Apple MacOS Big Sur.
To learn more about SonicWall’s new products and enhancements, review the official press announcement.
When will we get newer firmware for the current gen? Fix what problems exist in the current offerings.
At the risk of being deleted, or even banned:
SonicWall's drumbeat of "more, better, faster" is hurting its position with partners and their clients. You've got technical support people who can't answer questions about the most recent line of products - and their associated problems - because the information is "built on the fly" as they take calls and chat with developers. Now you're going to relegate some products to the dustbin because you've got new "stuff" coming out.
Well, if it's going to take until the end of 2021 to eliminate CSC-MA and migrate to NSM and there are reported problems with the former, what are you going to do? Ignore them for the rest of the year? Of course, I can't see how you can justify spending money fixing a problem on a soon-to-be-outmoded platform, and yet, you're not helping partners by "improving" NSM. There are simply more, newer, issues with that platform.
You need better development practices, including partner feedback during design, longer beta cycles with a larger audience, and a very clear and concise message for all of us about how quickly all problems will be addressed.
Indeed. Long Term Support release model is needed. This "always on the bleeding edge" just means that there isn't a safe and stable version and long standing bugs are never fixed in the name of constant "progress".
We desperately need existing products to be finished before bringing more products and features. As a reseller we only sell products we're happy with, which makes it currently quite easy due to the few available.