Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

SD-WAN: performance probes

Hello Community, need clarification on the performance probe used in SD-WAN. As far as I know the performance probe can be configured only as a single target, even if I create it as a FQDN.

This should be a huge constrain if the target (i.e. google could suffer for some problems and thus its performance get worst, this causing our links to became not qualified). Are there any advise to overcome this issue?

In the traditional load balancing I can configure two alternates targets to overcome respondent issues.

Regards.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls
Tagged:

Answers

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately this is one large downfall of Sonicwalls SDWAN configuration.

You do have to consider that Big Tech has geographically diverse IP addresses and equipment. Google/Microsoft/Apple/etc. do not run on a single server on a single provider with a UPS with bad batteries. Their services are engineered to be available even during disasters. So using Google's public DNS server as your SDWAN target isn't likely going to cause your links to be come unqualified even during an event detrimental to their performance.

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @ENZINO78,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

Yes, the Probe Target is single as of now. We can configure the probe target with a FQDN address object instead using an IP address for better probing and failover mechanism.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services