Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Using SSH via the Sonicwall CLI

Hey,

Im new to sonicwalls. I havent figured out how I could use SSH from the sonicwall CLI to jump to other hosts in the network.

Im not seeing telnet as an option either - didn't really find anything related to this when searching from the internet/Sonicwall documentation.

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Best Answer

• Options
    CORRECT ANSWER
    shiprasahu93shiprasahu93 Moderator
    Answer ✓

@PekkaPuupaa,

We can certainly ping the hosts from the firewall CLI/GUI, but I do not think telnet is an option.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

Answers

• Options

Hey,

That is quite a lack in features - as I'd like to think thats a basic feature for any networking appliance. Maybe someday the features to use SSH and telnet from the firewall cli are added.

• Options

@PekkaPuupaa,

We do have the telnet feature built-in for the email security appliance which is extensively used in troubleshooting. But, on firewalls we usually use ping, traceroute, find network path, etc.

You can reach out to your Sales engineer as have this filed as an RFE (Request for feature enhancement). I could not find any existing RFE for the same.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services