Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Firefox InPrivate Mode

Hi Guys,

Yesterday a customer with a Gen7 Appliance called in and told me his Firewall is always showing him not registered, device registration needed, cannot upload Firmware and so on.

Did a quick Remote session to figure out the Problem, from the looks of it i guess its an issue with Firefox's InPrivate Mode, you can confirm by clicking okay and for example change to non-config mode, the FW then acts as she is in non config but shows in the WebUI still beeing in config mode.

Tested with OS Version 7.0.0-R906 and R713 on NSA2700 and TZ370 on Firefox Version 85 (64bit), both Devices behave the same way, one already configured the other one was on factory settings and only registered.

Screenshot below

BR,

Bernhard

Category: Water Cooler

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    SaravananSaravanan Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @BERNHARD_WINTER,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

I tested this behavior on the TZ 570W and experienced the same issue. In Firefox using private window, the error is thrown on the browser.

Looks like the issue needs to be reported. I would recommend you to open up a support case with our Support team for further assistance on getting a fix for this issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

Answers