Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Do I have to manage SONICWAVE 432E in the cloud? If not, why doesn't it show up in my firewall?

HandyHandy Newbie ✭

We have SonicPointACe configured in the firewall, but the Sonicwave will not populate on the firewall. This really has not been as seamless and easy as advertised.

Under firmware management, there is no file. I see no way to download firmware anywhere.

Category: SonicWave

Answers

• shiprasahu93shiprasahu93 Moderator
    edited February 2021

@Handy,

The SonicWAVE 432E can definitely be managed from the firewall. What firmware version are you on? Also, which firewall model is this connected to?

This getting started guide should be helpful.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• HandyHandy Newbie ✭

NSa 2650

SonicOS Enhanced 6.5.4.7-83n

• HandyHandy Newbie ✭

Soooo.....evidently, the cable defected when we swapped the SonicPoint to the SonicWave. ☠️🤭

Nevermind?

• shiprasahu93shiprasahu93 Moderator
    edited February 2021
    No, I don't think it is the cable. But, we might need to validate things like, is SonicWAVE getting the right power. Also, are you seeing anything in the event logs?

Also, is the link, up where the SonicWAVE is connected? Also, is this getting powered using the PoE injector or a PoE switch?

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• prestonpreston Enthusiast ✭✭

Hi @handy, Just checking you do have the device connected to an Interface in the WLAN Zone?

If you are wanting to manage the Wave from the Firewall the Interface has to be assigned to a WLAN Zone to be provisioned,

if managing from the cloud you need to make sure that it isn't connected to an Interface in the WLAN Zone