Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

TZ350 DynDNS into DMZ

I have a TZ350. My internet has a single static IP. I would like to use DynDNS to provide access via a DMZ with multiple devices.

My understanding is that I use Port Forwarding to connect to the correct system. However, I want to run multiple systems which utilize the same ports, in this case, multiple DNS servers.

Is there a way for me to connect to the systems via a unique IP address on the DMZ or some other method of accomplishing this.

Changing the ISP would increase costs dramatically and cause also result in lowering my connection speed.  

Category: Entry Level Firewalls
Tagged:

Answers

• Hi @MSYFLYER,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

I would say, you could purchase additional IP's from your ISP and perform port forwarding. This would be the efficient way of accomplishing the requirement of utilizing multiple internal resources using same ports for their availability.

We call this port forwarding as one to one NAT. Please refer below KB article and section "One to One NAT" for more details.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• @MSYFlyer,

With a single static address, the port forwarding with work to one internal address based on the port number. As the NAT rules are arranged based on priority.

If it is possible for you, then PAT (Port address translation) can be used where a different port can be used externally that gets NATted to the same port internally and forwarded to the right internal address.

But, the end user when connecting will need to manually use the custom port to connect to the right internal device.

We usually use these for RDP port forwarding.

If you do not wish to add a different ISP, you can also choose to get a block of IPs (secondary WAN subnet) from the existing ISP and we can bind that to the current ISP and perform port forwarding on those IP addresses.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• MSYFlyerMSYFlyer Newbie ✭

Changing the ISP is not an option.

Acquiring Static IP's would increase the cost substantially due to a required plan change.

• MSYFlyerMSYFlyer Newbie ✭

SHIPRASAHU93, I'll check out using PAT. It'll take awhile since his isn't a high priority project but I will report back eventually.

Note: Our other location uses a block of Static IP's and 12 of them are on the DMZ. I'm familiar with the processes required for that implementation.