Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

2FA code not recognized

Nick374Nick374 Newbie ✭

Trying to log on through the LAN to access the soho 250W user interface. Username and password are recognized but token is not recognized possibly due to being set up on prior phone which went swimming and is no longer in service. I am the administrator and I cannot get past the 2FA.

Category: SSL VPN
Tagged:

Answers

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @Nick374

when you cannot access the system via HTTPS, is it still accessible via SSH or serial console?

You could login and crank up the following commands, not 100% but you can see where I'am heading to.

configure
    administration
     no admin one-time-password
    commit

--Michael@BWC

• @Nick374,
    There is a scratch code generated when you bind the phone/device for 2FA with the firewall. If you have that code, you should be able to reset the password.
    Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• @Nick374,

This code only shows up when you bind the phone/device for the first time with the specific account. If there are any other users created with admin privileges on the firewall, you can log in with that and perform unbind TOTP for your account.

But, unfortunately, there is no way to retrieve that code if not noted down during binding.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services