Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

GMSVP 8.7 (8723.1219) - Flash End of Life

Hi there,

we are using GMSVP 8.7 (8723.1219) is there a way to view the reports via flash somehow?

I tried the Flash file: mms.cfg with allowed URLs but this seems only to work with IE and GMS 8.7 does not support IE.

Category: Firewall Management and Analytics

Answers

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Chojin

Upgrade your GMS to 9.3 it will work without flash support.

8.7 can be upgraded directly to GMS 9.3 version.

• ChojinChojin Enthusiast ✭✭

Hey thanks for the quick reply.

Is there anything we should be aware of before or during the upgrade? Are there any known issues during/after the upgrade from 8.7 to 9.3?

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Chojin

As I know that the upgrade should be incremental from one version to next. So you would have to upgrade 8.7 to next version then next like that.

Before starting the upgrade, recommended to go through the each version release note.

edited January 2021

@Ajishlal I got confused now: so we DONT upgrade from 8.7 to 9.3 ? We upgrade from 8.7 to 9.1 from 9.1 to 9.2 and from 9.2 to 9.3?

Luckly I found an upgrade guide (Global Management System 8.7 SP2 Release Notes (sonicwall.com))and on page 6 its mentioned that

[...]

Before upgrading to GMS version 9.3, review your 8.7 or 9.2 system and assess the following prior to upgrading: • Be sure you have the Comprehensive GMS E Class Support 24x7 license.

[...]

We have the following license: GMS E-Class 24X7 Software Support, does this mean we dont have a licensed GMS afterwards or we need another license?

I have to mention we use the virtual appliance of GMS

OK I talked to a sales man and he told me it is nothing to be concerned about if it is Comprehensive GMS E Class Support 24x7 license or GMS E Class Support 24x7 license.