Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

What makes 432e better than 432i?

gmenongmenon Newbie ✭

We are using currently 12 Sonic points . Planning to migrate to Sonic Wave.

But confused about the model to be chosen.

Which one i should prefer

Sonicwave 432e or 432i?

Category: SonicWave

Best Answers

• CORRECT ANSWER
    shiprasahu93shiprasahu93 Moderator
    Answer ✓

@gmenon,

Welcome to the SonicWall Community.

What model of SonicPoints are you using at the moment? Honestly, the only difference between those two is the antennas. 432e has external antennas whereas 432i has internal antennas.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• CORRECT ANSWER
    Answer ✓

@gmenon,

Right now most of the models that you are using have external antennas. You are right, due to the external antennas, the E models provide better signal strengths and hence provide better performance.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

• CORRECT ANSWER
    Answer ✓

@gmenon,

802.3af can deliver 15.4 watts whereas delivers 802.3at is about 25.5 W. So, unfortunately, I don't think that will be sufficient for the SonicWAVE.

We do ship out PoE injectors along with the SonicWAVEs, so you can use them to power the SonicWAVEs.

Thank you!

Shipra Sahu

Answers

• gmenongmenon Newbie ✭

We are using the below models in our premises, which is currently End of Support except ACE.

SonicPoint NDR, SonicPoint NE, SonicPoint ACE

Heard and read somewhere that The E models are higher performers than the i models.

How genuine it is?

• gmenongmenon Newbie ✭

We are using Cisco WS-C3560G-48PS switches & Cisco WS-C2960X-48FPS-L switches which supports POE up to 802.3af. From the Sonic Wave data sheets , we found that it’s POE spec is 802.3at.

Can we use Sonic Wave 432e or i for the above switches?