Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

MSW Case Management : Screenshots

I'd be just dandy if we could drop screenshots into cases.

Whats the chances?

...we can do it here.

Category: Water Cooler

Best Answers

Answers

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @Halon5 ,

IMHO needs the whole case management an overhaul. The design is a mess with the cascaded/nested view, the "Request Information" is so tiny that scrolling is a must to add comments or attachments. The attachments are cluttered together, no distinction between uploaded files or provided ones from the Support. The "Request History" is rendered useless by showing the comments as unformatted text.

Besides some other factors, handling support cases isn't a pleasure and I try to avoid them wherever I can.

--Michael@BWC

• Halon5Halon5 Newbie
    edited April 3

Hiya @BWC ,

Well they had(still have) the opportunity to do that with the new contemporary interface.

Now they are so lucky to have us here to kick them along! LOL.

Be nice if they got there dev crew to actually ask us partners what they need to do (and then actually do it).

Best, Steph.

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @Halon5

I thought the classic-mode Support interface was gone, I believe to remember that I've got automatically forwarded to the contemporary interface last time I checked, but it's still there. Formatted request history, a clear one-click view that's how I like it. I'am probably too old for this new fancy orange look with birds and stuff.

I'am always nice BTW :)

Stay safe and take care.

--Michael@BWC

• Halon5Halon5 Newbie

Hiya @Terri ,

Sure like the community work so far. Its a long time coming. should have been here a very long time go (well actually there was one but it wasn't maintained and then they just ditched it a long long time ago).

I think you need to get your employees on it as well as well. I've passed it one we work with but I don't know how well its supported from within the organisation. He sure didn't know anything about it.

I have already suggested there needs to be a partners section. Perhaps the inputs and outputs of the "Advisory Board" might be found there?

In my experience there is still a pretty big disconnect between development and those guys at the coal face. Despite the many meetings we have had with product management little seems to come through.

The only way to fix that is for more intensive discussion and early beta input.

As I have said to many, the easiest way to do that, is by getting the beta's on to a CLOSED LIVE DEMO that partners can connect to and pass comment. At least we could see 80% of what we would need to upfront and it would speed up change. Link from Partners Section?

My 2 cents.