Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

NSa 2650 Restart to Apply Changes

RinconmikeRinconmike Newbie ✭
edited December 2020 in Mid Range Firewalls

I added some IP addresses to be excluded to GAV and IPS.

I was looking at the logs of my firewall.

I noticed in the bottom right it said something like changes have been applied, restart firewall to apply changes. I did not take a screen shot so I am not sure of the exact wording.

I did not think anything I did required a restart. Could adding an IP to exclude in the GAV or IPS require this?

Any way to see in the log changes to settings made to see if I did change something inadvertantly?

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Answers

• @Rinconmike,

I do not think that adding IP addresses to GAV and IPS exclusion should throw that message. Usually changes to DPI SSL settings or turning the connection settings under Firewall settings from DPI to SPI or vice versa or enabling local collector for App flow cause this message to appear.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @Rinconmike ,

Was your question answered?

If so please select the correct answer to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolved your issue using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.