Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

NSM 2.0 - Firewall Sort order - UI Enhancement

JürgJürg Newbie ✭
edited December 2020 in Network Security Manager

Hi everbody

i am new to this community, new to NSM 2.0. have been using Sonicwalls for years and until a few weeks GMS on-prem. i am managing 35 firewalls and already annoyed about what seems to me basic UI features missing or i did not find it yet ->

Firewalls -> Inventory -> i get a list of all my firewalls. sort order -> serial number. not useful to me, as i "work" with the names not the serial. so i click on column title "Name" to sort by name. fine. click on a firewall to change to details view. back to firewall inventory list, and the sort order is back to serial. click column title name again... and so on.

Expected behaviour:

• i can set my default sort order for the inventory list that remains no matter when or from where i open the list, until i change the sort order manually
  • OR
  • keep the sort order i have set manually before when returning from a different view to the inventory list.

thanks

Jürg

Category: Network Security Manager

Answers

• Hello @Jürg and welcome to the community!

Let me work with one of our NSM experts and get back to you ASAP.

Kind Regards,

@micah - SonicWall's Self-Service Sr. Manager

• dpreshawdpreshaw SonicWall Employee

Hello,

The current behavior in NSM is that the Inventory list is sorted by Serial Number (ascending).

If the sort method is altered, this will only remain for the time that the page is viewed.

When revisiting the Inventory page, the page is refreshed to adjust for any newly added devices, Connectivity Status, etc.

The default sort is also reset when navigation back to this page.

At this time, there is no way to permanently set the Sort Field.

This is likely to change in future versions of the NSM tool, but for now this is the current behavior.

Thanks,

David