Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Manually Remove Capture Client

RyanSRyanS Newbie ✭
edited December 2020 in Capture Client

Hi All,

I have an expired capture client installed on my PC, I don't have any trace of it in MySonicwall, so I can't find a passphrase or anything for it. I am sure it is causing some problems on my Win10laptop, and I just want to get rid of it.

I am not an employee of an MSP end user client, I am a former manager of a MSP that trailled the software and forgot about it.

I can't find any relevant links to do a hard remove, if anyone is able to help, it would be sincerely apprecaited.

Cheers,

Ryan

Category: Capture Client

Answers

• Hello @RyanS,

Welcome to the SonicWall community.

When Capture Client was installed, if the Anti-tamper feature was enabled on the management console, the uninstall process will continue to ask for the passphrase.

Even if the license is expired, Support still stores the information for 90 days. So, if your license expired within the last 90 days, I would suggest getting in touch with our support team and letting them know the hostname and tenant ID for this specific machine and they can provide you the passphrase.

Thank you!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services