Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Move device/product to a different tenant

Hi, I can't figure out how to move a product from one tenant to another @ MySonicWall.com. This article https://www.sonicwall.com/es-mx/support/knowledge-base/how-do-i-manage-tenants-from-mysonicwall-com/170504921970667/ is somewhat recent (3/2020), but the interface I see does not have the same layout. Even if I switch to "Classic Mode," I don't se the same things. I had already created the Tenants, but can't move a device to a different one.

Plz help - thank you.

Category: MySonicWall

Best Answer

Answers

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

One of the problems with finding things with the current MySonicWall design is that it requires you to DO SOMETHING before you see the hidden actions that can be taken.

Specifically:

If you don't check any item, you won't see that a menu bar suddenly appears (and overlays the existing menu bar).

If you don't click the three vertical dots at the very end of the line, you won't see the additional menu options appear.

I firmly believe that SonicWall is doing a great disservice to all users of their web-based products by engaging in this awkward UI design.

• Thank you for your feedback, @Larry. I will work with our product management team to review your feedback.

@micah - SonicWall's Self-Service Sr. Manager

• crenegarcrenegar Newbie ✭

The biggest problem with this whole "Tenant" setup is you cannot move parts of a product from one tenant to another. In the case of CC licenses we prefer to buy in bulk to get the best rate and then allocate licenses to respective clients as needed. This is currently not possible. You can only transfer the entire product (all the licenses that were issued with that activation code). This is a huge shortcoming for us VARs. How are we supposed to proceed? Buy 10 licenses for one client 27 for another, 40 for yet another then maybe 7... These would all need be separate purchases at wildly different costs due to economies of scale. And then what do you do if a customer hires a single new employee/computer? You have to buy a new license every time this happens???

The only solution is to use a single tenant for all clients and "Share" the licenses but this will result in so many limitations (policies) it's really not a usable solution. This setup is not at all designed for us VARs.