Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Anyone else suddenly getting false positives on NordVPN?

They must have just recently added or changed the signature. I'm sure it's a false positive because there wouldn't be so many people in my company using it. I suspect it's actually related to the Splashtop software many are using to work from home. Anyone else using Splashtop that can confirm?

Category: Firewall Security Services

Best Answer

Answers

• B3rtB3rt Newbie ✭

We're not using Splashtop, but I did notice we started having a lot of false positives with NordVPN. I thought we may have had some time of malware infection, but I haven't seen anything on our systems that would indicate a compromise.

• BrianNBrianN Newbie ✭

I am in the same boat. We received 5 notifications from separate devices and separate facilities around the same time on 12/1. Each client device that was flagged was reaching out to separate IPs (google, aws, scheduling software site) and one of the destinations was an internal web server - yet all was flagged as NordVPN traffic. I have not seen any additional alerts since then.

None of the clients had NordVPN installed as an application or as a browser extension.

We are not using Splashtop.

• BrianNBrianN Newbie ✭

Update - This is now affecting 19 clients. Those 19 clients are generating the alert when hitting any one of 115 unique external IPs.

• Hello @Trevor, @B3rt and @BrianN,

Yes, I do see a few support cases reporting a similar behavior. We have informed our App control Signatures Team regarding the same and they are actively investigating this issue.

I will update this thread once I hear back from them.

Thank you all for bringing it up here! Have a good one!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• Thank you for the confirmation, @Trevor and sorry for any inconvenience caused.

@micah - SonicWall's Self-Service Sr. Manager