Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Cannot login to X0 management from NETEXTENDER SSL VPN

Hi!

I have configured SSL VPN on a firewall. I enabled "Enable Web Management over SSL VPN" and I did the access rule for this.

But, when I connect through Netextender, I introduce my credentials and I get this:

It does not matter what browser I use. Always the same result.

My user also is firewall admin.

Any ideas?

Category: High End Firewalls

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi @SEBASTIAN,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

Could you please let me know the firmware on your firewall appliance? Along with this, please also let me know if you can login to the firewall from LAN network using a custom user account that has admin privilege. I wanted to isolate if the issue is with custom admin user accounts trying from all areas like LAN, VPN, etc,., 

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @SEBASTIAN

I'am getting the same message you mentioned on several customer machines while accessing via WAN interface. It seems somehow browser related. Usually Firefox is the best way to go. When this happens usually a 2nd tab got created in the browser, I just hit Refresh (F5) in this 2nd tab and login again, never figured out what causes this.

Can be different when connecting through NetExtender, but the message is not exclusive to that.

--Michael@BWC

• Hi @SEBASTIAN,

I would have given you that step to check if you would have got the same issue for a local user with admin privilege accessing the firewall from LAN. Ultimately, the browser would have thrown the same error.

Glad that you were able to get it fixed on yourself. Good Job!!!

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services