Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Irritating refresh while using search

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but when i use the search feature on our nsa 4650 and 5600s after every character typed it refreshes. How do i turn this off until i click search?

We are on firmware SonicOS Enhanced 6.5.4.7-83n

Thanks

Category: Firewall Management and Analytics

Answers

• AjishlalAjishlal Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @JBaumann ,

While searching, Either you can adjust the Auto refresh or you can stop.

• Hi @JBAUMANN,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

If you are talking about the Log search on the Firewall. I see this happens on all firmware versions since 6.x series. This is by design. When you type the keyword rapidly, the refresh doesn't happen. You may need to file an enhancement request if you would like to change this behavior.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• AjishlalAjishlal Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @Saravanan,

"You may need to file an enhancement request if you would like to change this behavior." Is there any hotfix for resolving this behavior?

• @AJISHLAL - No hotfix for this since this is not a defect. This should go as an RFE.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• JBaumannJBaumann Newbie ✭

It should be listed as a defect. lol - type in 1 character, wait 5 seconds, type in a second character wait 5 seconds. It's counter productive.

It happens on ANY search feature that i've used thus far, logs AOs, NATS, etc.

Do you have a url to request an RFE? I see there was talk about a sub category here back in July, but don't see anywhere to submit either her or on mysonicwall.

Thanks

Jeff

Right, this doesn't fix the issue im talking about. Its the search feature.

Thanks

• One tip that may help. The search is a string search and any unique part of what you are looking for will work. For example, let's say you want to see logs from a VPN Policy named "Austin4" ; If you type in "n4" it will find it.

It should be listed as a defect :) - type in 1 character, wait 5 seconds, type in a second character wait 5 seconds. It's counter productive.

It happens on ANY search feature that i've used thus far, logs AOs, NATS, etc.

Do you have a url to request an RFE? I see there was talk about a sub category here back in July, but don't see anywhere to submit either her or on mysonicwall.

Thanks

Jeff