Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Upgrading older version to the latest version

Hi Team,

My SonicWall details

NSA 240 FIRMWARE

Current Version 5.8.1.4-43o

Type  Early Release

Release Date  Dec 24, 2011

I would like to upgrad this to the latest version 5.9.2.7-5o, Is it a straght forward steps or do i need to perform any other steps.

Moreover I can see the following firmware also in my sonicwall firewall SNMP MIBs Release Date - Dec 14, 2011, which is also need to upgrade to SNMP MIBs Release Date - Oct 05, 2020 ?

Could you please suggest your recommendations ?

Thank you,

Ajeesh B

Category: Firewall Security Services

Answers

• Hi @AJEESH,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

There are few incompatibilities when upgrading from 5.8 directly to 5.9 series. So, my suggestion is to follow the below given upgrade path since your firewall is on a version that got released few years back.

5.8.1.4 -> 5.8.4.2 -> 5.9.0.0 -> 5.9.0.7 -> 5.9.1.1 -> 5.9.1.7 -> 5.9.2.7.

W.r.t SNMP MIB files, you could start to use the version corresponding to the latest release 5.9.2.7. That should do it.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• AjeeshAjeesh Newbie ✭

Hi @Saravanan

Thank you for your update. How can i upgrade SNMP MIB from Sonicwall firewall. Is it same like nsa-240 firmware upgrade?

• Hi @Ajeesh,

The SNMP MIB doesn't require any upgrade. Download the respective SNMP MIB file from MySonicWall and then load the file directly to the SNMP tool or software that you hold.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services