Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Routing only traffic on a specific port (SSH) through the SonicWall SSL VPN

GeorgeFGeorgeF Newbie ✭

We have numerous customers who only allow us access to their servers from our corporate IP address. Our remote employees need to connect so that it appears their traffic is coming from our corporate location. I initially enabled Tunnel All Mode in Client Routes and while it had the desired effect of making the remote user's traffic come from the corporate location, VPN traffic through the NetExtender became prohibitively slow. This in itself was a bit surprising since we have gigabit internet at corporate.

I know I can route all traffic by IP address in this manner, but I was wondering if it was possible to also narrow that traffic down further to traffic on just the SSH port?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

George

Category: SSL VPN

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    SaravananSaravanan Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @GEORGEF,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

Yes, your request can be achieved via access rule restriction based on Service Object or Groups. By default SonicWall adds a Service Any rule from SSLVPN to LAN or any internal zone based on the resource that you allocate to SSLVPN users. In this case, we'll need to change the service on the default access rule from Any to SSH.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services