Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

EOL NSA 2400 patch?

I have an old NSA 2400 running SonicOS Enhanced 5.9.1.1-39o

I see there is Maintenance release of 5.9.2.13-7o dated Oct 07, 2020

Can this be installed to my NSA 2400 as is?

Category: Firewall Management and Analytics

Best Answers

• CORRECT ANSWER
    SaravananSaravanan Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @DIGITHEAD,

Yes you may. With SonicOS Enhanced firmware releases, firewall appliances can be upgraded from any lower end version to any higher end version. As we have security vulnerability fixes available on the latest 5.9.2.x versions, you can stay on one of these latest versions. If you wanted to perform an intermediate upgrade to version 5.9.1.13, please go ahead. This kind of incremental firmware upgrade should also work.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

Answers

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIGITHEAD,

While you can upgrade directly, personally I would go to an intermediate firmware such as 5.9.1.13 before going to the very latest.

• DigitheadDigithead Newbie ✭

That's what I was thinking as well as I see there is a step up from what I'm running right now.

What confuses me about that though is that I'm already on 5.9.1.1-39o but do not even see that version listed now (with view set to All Versions for this appliance).

I know these guys can get really messed up if not updated correctly.

Thank you Saravanan,

I'll go right to the latest 5.9.2.x version. I use the SSL-VPN quite a lot and have been reading up on the latest vulnerability. Hopefully this will patch what I have.

• @DIGITHEAD - Yes, sure. Hope you will be all set.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

Will be taking a shot at this tomorrow morning and will follow up with the results.

Sure enough. Exported the current config just in case this went pear-shaped.

Updated and booted into the new firmware and poof... up and running on it with no issues.

Thank you all for responding. I deeply appreciate you and your time.

Cheers!

• MatiMati Newbie ✭

Hola como va? podrian pasarme firmware para la version NSA 2400. saludos cordiales.