Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

incorrect interface traffic Statistics on tz200

When I go to examine the interface statistics, from time to time, I find this very unusual huge number on the x0 interface receive or transmit bytes. The number is always the same. Approx. 18,446,744,072,643,443,080 and still building. If I clear the number, it runs normal for a while and then back to 18 quintillion again. Obiously this is not a real number pertaining to traffic, and it is always 18 quintillion +.

Everything in the firewall looks like it is functioning correctly except this.

Anyone have any comments, I would appreciate some wisdom.

Steve

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• Hello @sbrantl,

That number is actually pretty huge. You can use the connection monitor on the firewall to see if any device on LAN is generating unnecessary traffic to/through the firewall. Also, please make sure that the device is on the latest firmware version and since it is a Gen 5 device which is already EoL, I would request if possible please power cycle it once and then test.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• sbrantlsbrantl Newbie ✭

I have looked at connections monitor, however this number is so large it far exceeds any possible real traffic on our firewall. The number comes and goes at will it seems. It is always in the Transmit or receive bytes column of the X0 interface. Sometimes i see a message on the lower left of the screen referring to dynamic updates having stopped. If I click that, the 18 quintillion number goes away and a true representative traffic number will show up. I have just looked and everything looks normal, but in a little while that number will show up. It is curious to me that it is always 18 quintillion and not 3 or 4 or 20 or whatever. In any case it is not a true count of any kind of traffic. It must be some kind of bug in the firmware or something. The firewall is old and Im sure there are no new updates available. Anyway thank you for all your help.

STeve