Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Sonicwall Netextender disconnects when a Mobile Phone is connected or disconnected from PC

BrianWBrianW Newbie ✭

As stated below. I have a technician who is trying to use Sonicwall Netextender to connect to our VPN. It works fine 99% of the time, but he's having an issue where if he connects his phone or disconnects his phone, the VPN connection drops and he has to restart his computer in order to connect again. It's definitely inconvenient and in his case, he connects to phone to upload pictures, so it is a daily thing he can't avoid that easily. Has anyone encountered this and know of a fix?

Category: SSL VPN

Answers

• SriSri Moderator

Hello @BrianW,

Thank you for reaching us on SonicWall Communities.

Tagging our Subject Matter Experts for further assistance.

@shiprasahu93 @Nevyaditha @Poorni_5 @Saravanan

Thanks and Regards,

Sridevi G

Global Service Account Manager,Premier Services

• Hello @BrianW,

This seems rather odd. I have not seen something like this in the past and could neither find any reported issues.

Are you connecting to a firewall or SMA using NetExtender? Also what version of NetExtender are you using?

This could be something related to an old driver. Could you please test with the latest version?

If that does not help, please reach out to SonicWall Support as this seems to need some good amount of investigation.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• Hello @BrianW,

I recently saw the issue ID: SMA-1376 where the NetExtender gets disconnected with a RAS error when Android phone is disconnected from the USB port from the PC.

Here are the suggestions on the Issue ID:

1. While phone is connected, if we set the USB settings to "MIDI" or "Charging phone only" , the NetExtender works well.

2. If we setting USB settings to other options, after removing the phone, we get two error codes 629 and 797 from the windows logs. Error 629 happens first, which means the port was disconnect from the remote computer, and then system will trying to dial Sonicwall NetExtender connection but get error code 797: A Connection to the Remote Access Server was not made because the modem was not found, that means the driver of the modem was damaged.

We suggest to set the USB settings to "Charging phone only" before connecting NX.

If that does not help, feel free to reach SonicWall support and let them know the issue ID.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

• ScottVScottV Newbie ✭

Having the exact same problem. Connect a Samsung 8S USB to my Windows 10 x64 computer when NetExtender is running and NetExtender immediately crashes and will not reconnect, even after unplugging phone and killing all SonicWall processes with Task manager. Have to reboot in order to reconnect.

• Hello @ScottV,

Welcome to SonicWall community.

Were you able to try the suggestions given on this thread?

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

• Gilbert_bGilbert_b Newbie ✭

Hello,

Same thing as above. I plug my android 7.1 phone to my computer for charging only. When I unplug it from my computer, the netExtender 10.2.300 drops and I need to reboot my computer.

What can I do to avoid this default ?

Thank you, best regards,

Gilbert

• XpertTechnologiesXpertTechnologies Newbie ✭
    edited March 2022

apparently this is still an issue in 2022 - client needs to transfer photos while connected to the sonicwall vpn and it disconnects, gives a timeout error and when trying to reconnect, a RAS error. Client must reboot in order to reconnect to the VPN. Already uninstalled the WAN miniport adapters, rebooted ect, upgraded to NetExtender-10.2.315 ... same issue... when will this be fixed?

• rashnarrashnar Newbie ✭
    edited March 2023

This is still happening in 2023. Any fix?

Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

Windows 10 (all latest updates as of 3/23/2023)

NE 10.2.302

• Keppt357Keppt357 Newbie ✭

10/24/2023 Any fix for this? I have tried a couple different phones on 3 different computers with the same issue. When I unplug the phone the VPN drops and will not reconnect until I restart the machine. This is a big PITA.

• TonyATonyA SonicWall Employee

Hi all,

If you are experiencing these issues with the latest version of NetExtender , please create a ticket with support and we will collect some information and look into it.