Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

SMA 500v 10.2 - becoming unresponsive

BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi,

did anyone experienced the problem, that a SMA 500v running 10.2 is getting unresponsive after a while? The console shows some segfaults for geoBotD, can't tell if this is related. Segfaults are haunting me from ESA all over to the SMA :)

Running SMA 500v on ESX 6.5, never had this problem in the past, all other VMs are running fine.

--Michael@BWC

Category: Secure Mobile Access Appliances

Best Answer

Answers

• Halon5Halon5 Enthusiast ✭✭

Hi @BWC ,

Hadn't noticed anything like that. Can you be more explicit. Under what circumstances. Tunnel, RDP, ... ?

Best, S.

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @Halon5,

I experienced the touble in the management interface. The login to LocalDomain took very long and for an unknown reason some pages did not came up, I restarted the appliance and now the management interface is working again.

I don't know if this was an isolated incident or part of a broader problem. I did not checked with any portal if they were affected as well.

--Michael@BWC

edited April 2020

Hi @BWC ,

I don't have any complaints so far and we have been up for some 28 days now.

In that time we have been mucking around with portals and all sorts of things, tuning how the SMA is used.

In our experience its been quite solid compared to our product.

The branding could do with some work though.

Best to your day!

S.

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @Halon5

I agree, the SMA is probably my favourite product and a real jack of all trades. I was concerned that there is a growing problem with the 10.2, but maybe it was isolated.

Another new deployment is weird as well, after changing the settings of a local user (AD) the whole appliance is restarting, I'll have to investigate this further, it's still a trial but will give it a look after going retail. It seems it is caused only in classic mode and only when changing a user. Whenever the Status shows: "Status: Error: No entry can be imported" I know the appliance will restart shortly after, doing the same exact setting in contemporary mode all is good.

--Michael@BWC

Hey @BWC ,

Noticing some issues now whereby the Classic mode "GEO-IP Polices" don't match the Contemporary mode ones..

Cant change the contemporary mode one because its grayed out and when you try to save it asks for the Policy name (which it already has).

So cant update countries..

Best, Stephan.

• Please open a support ticket and file a bug..

Vijay Kumar KV

Enterprise Tech Support Consultant | SME