Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

local backup issue

mrshahinmrshahin Newbie ✭
edited June 2021 in Mid Range Firewalls

Hi,

We have 2 NSa 3650 in HA mode and we have to upgrade the firmware. Before the upgrade I did export the config file, after that create a new local backup, but each time I download it is says is 0kb!!

Any idea why the backup is 0kb?

Thanks

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Best Answers

• CORRECT ANSWER
    shiprasahu93shiprasahu93 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hello @mrshahin,

I hope you are exporting the settings file that has an extension of .EXP.

The local backup is saved on the SonicWall flash memory and need not be exported.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• CORRECT ANSWER
    shiprasahu93shiprasahu93 Moderator
    Answer ✓

@mrshahin,

Yes, I would suggest uploading the current firmware and then re-importing the settings file if there is an issue during the upgrade.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

Answers

• mrshahinmrshahin Newbie ✭

Hi @shiprasahu93 Thanks as always for your reply,

Yes when exporting the config file get an .exp file,

What I always do before upgrading the firmware, first export the config files and create also local backup of the running firmware and then download it for if something goes wrong with the upgrade, and we can always downgrade to the current firmware version. I do this always for our other Sonicwall devices, but I am upgrading the firmware of this 3650 in the HA mode for the first time, and when downloading the local backup of the firmware is 0 kb

I also understand that if something goes wrong I can Always download the current firmware from mysonicwall instead of downloading a copy of the local backup of the firmware, is this correct?

Thanks