Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Cannot open any case details on MySonicWall

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Is this a known problem? All I get is the swirly:

I can't call this in as a problem because there isn't a product number associated with MySonicWall - and the first-level CSRs won't do anything without one.

@Saravanan @shiprasahu93 @Micah @MasterRoshi - anyone know anything about this?

Category: MySonicWall

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Well the issue has been resolved. Although, in typical SonicWall fashion, nothing was ever posted as a problem and nothing was announced about a resolution. I'm learning to dislike the opaque nature of support regarding "point" updates to MySonicWall.

HOWEVER, in the interests of praising that which is warranted, SonicWall has made a HUGE improvement in the presentation of case Notes so that they are clear, readable and (for the most part) available. I was already primed to complain that my emails had not been making it into the case notes, and yet now I can see most of them. So THANK YOU for getting this updated.

Answers

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

I have the same issue.

I also cannot see TZ 570 listed in my Download Center page even though I have more than 5 registered.

• BretBret Newbie ✭

Same issue

• @Ankur and @GopalS,

Can you provide any insight here?

Kind Regards,

@micah - SonicWall's Self-Service Sr. Manager

• Hi All,

I have PM'd you asking for your MySonicWall account username for the back-end team to check. You have since replied to my PM, thank you. Our team has confirmed there is an issue and is currently investigating. Stay tuned and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

edited June 2021

I've made it a habit to email and update notes on a case because I'm never sure which one the assigned tech reads. I still never see my emails in the case notes...

Another thing Sonicwall has not announced but has changed is that firmware downloads are being moved out of the Download Center! Why do I have to open a ticket to have support tell me of a change?

As Larry said opacity is bad for business. Look at all the good things we do but don't ever tell you about!

Sigh.

• Hello Larry,

This issue was resolved late last night. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

• AnkurAnkur Moderator

Hey @Larry MySonicWall has a bi-weekly upgrade cycle and this issue occurred unexpectedly. Since it was a point failure on a specific use case, we did not put up a customer notice. We tried to resolve it quickly for all impacted customers. We will be more proactive going forward in notifying customers.

• AnkurAnkur Moderator

I am not clear on this comment. Please file a support case and pass the case number. We will assess internally.

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@Ankur what @TKWITS is saying is that he employs a "belt and suspenders" approach to documenting cases. In addition to the email reply, he adds the text as a Comment directly in the case. I've done the same at times where responses from the CSR have been less than helpful.

And like him - especially recently - I have not seen my email responses in the Case history. When they did appear, they were gibberish because all the line returns were eliminated and everything was a run-on.

This new update seems to have rectified that. But I haven't tested it sufficiently to know if ALL of my email responses are getting logged.

@Ankur Larry's response is correct about how I reply to cases.

Is that what you are unclear about, or is it the move of the firmware downloads out of the Download Center?