Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Change Password of Local Users / User not logged out after closing browser or login tab

samajsamaj Newbie ✭
edited June 2021 in Entry Level Firewalls

1- right now user can change the password himself but I want to change settings so the user should not change the password himself. only admins can change the local user's password.

2- NOTE: Please leave this page open - if you close it or browse away you will be logged out from the SonicWall and lose access through it.

But when I close the tab or browser it is not logged out and the internet is working. Is it possible that the user closes the login tab or the browser then user will be logged out at that time?

pls, suggest some settings for that....

TZ600 SonicOS 6.5.4.7-83n

Thank you!

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @SAMAJ,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

Please find answers to your questions inline.

• We have to modify the HTML code for "Login Status" so that user's don't get an option to change their password upon login. The default HTML code used by SonicWall is depicted in the below picture. You can modify this existing code as per your need. HTML reference codes can be obtained from any search engines like google, etc,.,
    • This is by design. Users need to logout from the web session instead closing the web session tab. If they close or don't close the tab, the session will be timed-out after reaching the inactivity of the user session.

Hope this answers.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• samajsamaj Newbie ✭

hi@Saravanan

thanks

what is this? preview not showing....

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @SAMAJ,

I noticed that while I was testing. Happens with all the browsers. Seems to be an issue with Java render. Click on OK to proceed further and check if you are getting a Preview page. You may need to test the behavior directly by logging into the SonicWall. Regarding the java render error, you may need to open up a support case and then check. I checked for this error internally and found nothing reported.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• Jordan68Jordan68 Newbie ✭

HI@Jordan68,

1- To prevent local users from changing their own passwords and restrict this ability to administrators only, you should access the SonicWall management interface and modify user roles and permissions. Ensure that regular users are not granted the privilege to change their passwords, while administrators retain this capability.

2- Enabling automatic logout upon closing the tab or browser is a security feature that can be configured in the SonicWall settings. You may need to adjust session timeout settings, implementing a shorter timeout period to enhance security and automatic logout upon inactivity.

Your system version is TZ600 SonicOS 6.5.4.7-83n.